The Parish Council have produced a Welcome Pack which is hoped to be a useful quick reference guide of information and contacts that may be of interest relating to the village. All newcomers to the village will have a pack given to them as they settle in, however existing villagers may also find it helpful as refresh of information.
Are you savvy online?
Perhaps not as streetwise online as you would like to be or think you are?
The National Fraud Agency is launching a new campaign, Cyber Streetwise, to help give us all some essential tips to improve our performance online and help keep important stuff safe. You can read more about the campaign at www.cyberstreetwise.com.
We are supporting the campaign to help get us all be a bit more streetwise online. Believe it or not most of the population are not doing enough to protect themselves! This is a medium/long term campaign so you can help by raising awareness of the website and the key tips below to your members at a time convenient to you.
Adopting a few simple online behaviours can help keep you and your family safer
- Use strong, memorable passwords.
- Install anti-virus software on new devices.
- Check privacy settings on social media.
- Shop safely online – always ensure online retail sites are secure.
- Download software and apply patches when prompted.
- Do have a look at the website, www.cyberstreetwise.com.